Sloan and Jenn G are participating in a competition next week. The following is one of the WODs that they will complete. Let’s help our friends by doing this with them.
2 person team workout
One partner works while the other rests. Either athlete or both may complete reps.
40 Shoulder To Overhead #135/85 (Scaled #95/65)
20 Toes To Bar (Scaled Ab Mat Sit ups)
60 Kettle Bell Swings #53/35
40 Thrusters #135/85 (Scaled #95/65)
20 Bar Muscle Ups (Scaled Hand Release Push Ups)
Ever have those days when you just don’t feel like working out? Yeah. We do, too.
Since everyone needs a little inspiration now and then, we’ve rounded up our picks for top 20 fitness movies.
1) Rocky I-IV
No explanation necessary.
2) Karate Kid
A bullied young boy (Ralph Macchio) strives to master martial arts and become a true fighter.
A has-been hockey star (D.B. Sweeney) and Olympic figure skater (Moira Kelly) are both struggling to get back to the top of their careers, but they’ll have to do it together.
Two athletes from Britain compete in the 1924 Olympics. (The theme song to the movie alone may inspire you to run.)
A group of men set out to become Jamaica’s first bobsled team to make it to the winter Olympics (based on a true story).
6) Vision Quest
A teen wrestler sets out to beat the best high school wrestler in the state—but in order to compete against his rival he has to drop two weight classes.
7) Mighty Ducks
Gordon Bombay (Emilio Estevez) is forced to coach the worst peewee hockey team in the league. Can this hockey team beat the odds?
Follows the life of famous runner Steve Prefontaine from his training days to his quest for gold at the Munich Olympics and more.
Average rich-boy Bruce Wayne (Christian Bale) decides to become a superhero, which means he has to be in tip-top shape to protect his city.
10) G.I. Jane
A young woman, whom no one expects to succeed (Demi Moore), enrolls to train as a Navy SEAL.
11) Pumping Iron
In the film that many say made Arnold Schwarzenegger famous, amateur and professional bodybuilders prepare for the 1975 Mr. Olympia and Mr. Universe contests.
12) Step Up
A teen boy befriends (Channing Tatum) an aspiring female dancer in need of help. Will the boy, known for quitting everything, quit this too?
An aspiring dancer holding down two jobs wants nothing more than to become a professional ballerina.
Actor Will Smith portrays boxing legend Muhammad Ali in his early days in the ring.
A coach with a seedy past and the local town drunk train a high school basketball team. Based on the true story of the Indiana team that made the state finals in 1954.
16) True Blue
Two crews. One race. And only one team can be victorious.
A look at the life of martial arts master Bruce Lee and his struggle to rise to the top.
18) Breaking Away
A young man from a small town has little motivation to do much—except cycle.
19) Blue Crush
A surfer girl finds herself prepping for a big surfing competition, and falling in love.
A young girl, naturally gifted at soccer, goes after her dreams of becoming a soccer star, despite her parents’ wishes.
Let’s have some Team Fun!
From The Huffington Post
1. CrossFit girls are seriously fit. Y’all complain that girls don’t spend enough time in the gym/harass you for spending too much time in the gym. A CrossFit girl not only spends copious amounts of time working out, but also will only date a guy that does the same. We can’t be running around with guys who don’t work out. Obviously.
2. Dedication. If you are REALLY into CrossFit you know it takes true dedication to become the beast that you want to be in the gym. This also usually means she puts dedication into all other parts of her life and maybe even into you… if you are lucky.
3. CrossFit girls are (for the most part) “guy’s girls.” We can throw significant amount of weight around at the gym, be showered and out the door in 20 minutes, hang to drink a beer, and watch the game with your friends. It’s that easy.
4. Independence. Realistically, a CrossFit girl couldn’t care less whether she is single or not because she would rather be spending her extra time in the gym anyway. That being said, she doesn’t NEED you in her life, but if you are lucky enough to be in her life it’s because she WANTS you there. Just don’t try to cut into her gym time because that will definitely not fly.
5. Competitive nature. To do CrossFit you have to be competitive not only with other people, but with yourself. This personality trait leads to all sorts of fun if you ask me… who wants a girl that when you dare her to do something just sits there and flakes out? BORING.
6. CrossFit girls are more brazen. We aren’t scared to try new things, we are comfortable with who we are, we like adventure and we know we are bad asses. We will take you up on that bet and we don’t care about impressing other people. We are who we are, take it or leave it.
7. One word: Paleo. Pretty much all CrossFit girls do Paleo to some degree — 100 percent, 80 percent, 75 percent, whatever that ratio may be — rest assured that not only does she have a smoking hot body because she eats healthy and works out so much, but she also knows how to cook. A girl who can cook = winning.
8. Personality. To do CrossFit you have to possess certain personality traits — it’s definitely not for the closed minded or weak spirited. A CrossFit girl will keep you on your toes. She has to be able to hang with the guys so she will more than likely be witty, sharp tongued, and love practical jokes. This, in my mind, is the CrossFit girl’s best feature. Girls that have no personalities are like talking to a piece of paper — you are better off buying a pet fish and talking to that.
9. CrossFit girls wear tiny outfits to the gym and will show up to hang out scantily clad in gym clothes and think nothing of it. She will walk in to watch the game after a good mobility session and when your friends all stare at her she’ll think she must clearly have something stuck in her teeth — her laid back, nonchalant, one of the guys attitude makes her oblivious to the fact that they are actually staring at her for any reason other than the fact that something is amiss.
10. OK, I am going to go there on #10: Physical fitness may lead to better sex. So if the first nine reasons why you should be dating a CrossFit girl weren’t enough… this should really drive it home for you. Pun intended.
Pam Rehal writes a blog at pamspaleoblog.wordpress.com.
Clean and Jerk Ladder
Then Team WOD
From The Atlantic
George Maat, a professor emeritus of anthropology at Leiden University Medical Center in the Netherlands, has said that within another 50 years, the Dutch Todd could be six-foot-three. Several years ago the Netherlands was compelled to increase building code standards for door frames. If in the last half-century the American physical form has been expelled from international imagination as an ideal, we might presently look at the situation not just as failure, but with optimism for what we might become.
Texas Squats – Week 5 Day 2
2x Partner WOD 1 min on 1 min off containing:
Meb Ball Sit-up